Propane? Yes, We do that too!
Carroll now offers affordable propane delivery, including automatic delivery, throughout our service area all year round, with experienced drivers trained to deliver the fuel safely and efficiently. We also provide payment plans to make your propane even more affordable.
If you’re interested in expanding your use of propane, please contact us today. In the meantime, here are some interesting facts about this versatile and energy-efficient fuel, courtesy of the Propane Education and Research Council:
- Compared with other fuels, propane is much less combustible. When combined with air, the source of ignition must be at least 940°—that’s twice as hot as what is required to ignite gasoline.
- Autogas, a propane-based motor fuel, is the third most popular vehicle fuel, next to gasoline and diesel. Because it’s so safe and cost-effective, Autogas is now being used for buses, fleet trucks, forklifts, farm tractors and lawn mowers. Many manufacturers now make bi-fuel (or dual-fuel) models that run equally well on either Autogas or gasoline. There are now thousands of AutoGas fueling stations across the country.
- High efficiency heat pumps can be driven by a propane-fueled engine. This system is designed to efficiently heat and cool multiple zones in a home.
- Because propane is nontoxic and doesn’t pose a threat to soil and water, installing propane tanks (above or below ground), is not regulated by the Environmental Protection Agency.
- Propane is an essential fuel for nearly 900,000 farms in the U.S. It’s used for irrigation pumps, crop drying, fruit ripening, space and water heating, generators and refrigeration.
You can read more about propane here.