Five Benefits of Oil Heat
More people in Maryland trust oil heat for their homes than any other energy source. Why? Here are five reasons that make oil heat a great choice for your home, particularly when compared to electric-based heating systems:
- It’s safe: Home heating oil can be ignited only by an advanced burning system in your oil burner or furnace.
- It’s clean and dependable: Today’s oil heat is 95 percent cleaner than in 1970, and new oil heating systems produce no soot, dirt or odor.In fact, one BTU of heat produced by a new and properly serviced oil heating system releases fewer pollutants – and less carbon monoxide – than one BTU produced by gas. Heating oil burns so cleanly that it is not subject to clean air requirements.
- It’s energy efficient: New oil heat boilers and furnaces range from 83 to 95 percent efficient. That’s why upgrading your heating oil equipment to a more energy-efficient system can lower your energy costs by up to 30 percent compared to electrical heating systems.
- It keeps you more comfortable: Oil-heated homes are comfortable even during the coldest days of winter because heating oil quickly burns at 2,200 degrees Fahrenheit – far higher than those with electric heat pumps.
- It’s cost efficient: Oil consumers receive up to 30 percent more for their heating dollar than natural gas or electricity customers.
Want to learn more about the benefits of heating oil? Contact our expert sales team at Carroll Home Services today!