The TankSure Program
Heating oil tanks typically corrode from the inside out. Your tank may look perfectly fine from the outside, but it could be wearing excessively thin. The testing, similar to a medical ultrasound, will allow us to give you a sense of security – or advance warning that a problem is on the horizon.
Proactive $1,500 Replacement Warranty
- Covers up to $1,500 toward replacent of your tank.
- Proactive replacement of tanks before they leak.
- Protects the environment by helping to prevent harmful oil leaks.
- Reduces unexpected costs.
- Trained technicians use ultrasonic equipment to test the thickness of your tank.
- Ultrasonic equipment, similar to what is used in the medical industry, detects the level of corrosion occurring inside your tank.
Scientific Analysis & Monitoring
- Your tank’s thickness, measurements, physical characteristics and surrounding environment will be analyzed with our state-of-the-art Tank Profiling Software
- Tank information is analyzed for proactive replacement of individual tanks when they fall below the standard index.
Corrosion Protection Agent
- Proactively fights deterioration of your tank.
- Extends the lifespan of your tank (acts as a magnet or sponge for corrosive forces).
- Works similar to zinc protection used in water heaters and the marine industry.
Conditions and Exclusions
The TankSure Program provides a corrosion agent to prevent corrosion in your tank, tank testing service and the TankSure Program Limited Warranty. An Ultrasonic tank test will be performed by our technician before your tank can be accepted for enrollment for the TankSure Program. While we cannot guarantee the prevention of a leak or other failure of your tank, we are providing these new services with the hope that by testing and monitoring, we are offering a long term proactive tank replacement program for our customers. We recommend that an annual test of your fuel tank be performed. If a tank leak occurs due to the corrosion after a zinc anode is installed, the Company will pay up to $1,500 towards the replacement of your tank in accordance with the terms of the TankSure Program Limited Warranty. A Warranty Certificate will be provided to you. This Agreement is renewed automatically each year unless the Customer gives Carroll written notice of Customer’s intention to not renew, not less than thirty (30) days prior to the expiration of the then-current item. Upon termination for any reason, there shall be no refunds or credits allowed. This Agreement is not in force if the Customer’s account is delinquent or if the Customer is not a current heating oil customer. Customer must maintain at least one (1) of Carroll’s Home Service plans yearly to qualify and remain in the Tank Sure Program. The yearly tank inspection and zinc anode installation shall be done in conjunction with the customer’s regularly scheduled annual heating and cooling system tune-up. It is the customer’s responsibility to schedule this service. Services performed at any other time will be billed at the then prevailing rates.